Random act of kindness or a patronising video for views?

20th July 2022

A viral video has been criticised by the woman who unknowingly starred in it.

TikTok creator Harrison Pawluk posted a video of him giving flowers to a woman sat having coffee in a shopping centre. The video has racked up more than 64 million views and 12m likes.

But the woman it features has said it was “filmed and uploaded a video without my consent”, that it was “artificial” and turned her into “clickbait”.

Harrison apologised to her following the backlash, but says he won’t stop making his random acts of kindness videos.

What do you think: random act of kindness or a patronising video for views?

Let us know in our poll, and make sure you leave a comment below!

Random act of kindness or a patronising video for views?

zalensky · 3 weeks ago

what do you think people
First to comment

aces10 · 3 weeks ago

Although it is a kind thing to do, I definitely wouldn’t want to be unknowingly filmed and uploaded to the internet. I think whoever posted it should ask for permission first, before the whole world can see it.

[email protected] · 3 weeks ago

Definitely for views

ryestar · 3 weeks ago

I think that, even though he has done good through his random act of kindness to the woman, it is still a patronising video for views because he did not ask the woman or tell her that she was being filmed. If he had asked to film her, let alone upload her onto Social Media, then this video would be an act of kindness rather than patronising.

ryestar · 3 weeks ago

lauren_123 · 3 weeks ago

He was trying to make the woman happy by giving her flowers as we have all been through a very tough time with the virus

max1234 · 3 weeks ago

I mean, giving flowers is very kind in general, but, in my opinion, for popularity or views is disrespectful.

lig · 2 weeks ago

Although Harrison Pawluk may be trying to be kind, he should check with the lady first before filming her and posting it on Youtube. Also, the lady is right, not everyone would like to be given flowers by a stranger.

robro · 2 weeks ago

No, He must ask permission before he shows the world. I definitely think he did it for views and popularity. However, he did do a kind thing in the end but next time should think about his actions.

athenakid · 2 weeks ago

He is : distrupting her time, uploading without consent, patronising her, using her as clickbait for views. How can ANYONE be taking his side!?😱☝️

max1234 · 2 weeks ago

Giving flowers to the lady was a very kind action, but doing it for popularity and views is a different story.

mangogirl1 · 2 weeks ago

Even though it is nice to give flowers to someone, you still need to ask them whether they are happy for it to be uploaded, and seeing as he didn't, I would say it was for views.

swiftiecat · 2 weeks ago

it was a kind thing to do, and we can't be sure he only did it for views, but it was mean to not ask her before posting so therefore I think it was for views

chaem17 · 2 weeks ago

Even if people do videos of random acts of kindness, the outcome will still be a little awkward I you are stuffing a phone in front of their face, kind of giving people pressure to overreact, or even react positively to the gift/deed. I personally think random acts of kindness should be done out of the good of your heart, without expecting the outcome.

kitten_12 · 2 weeks ago

I think it is a patronising video because if he wanted to be kind he would of asked for the lady’s permission before showing it to the whole world.

ivansp2011 · 2 weeks ago

It may look like an act of kindness, however, I suspect it could just be for sympathy likes and more views.

izlacorgi · 1 week ago

I think it was for a random act of kindness just the women did not take it the right way but it also depends on how he acted really and also he did not ask the person if he could film it so it kind of shows that it was Radom just the person toke it wrong.?????😀

randomico · 7 days ago

If it was kindness, he wouldn’t have filmed it

lilzo · 6 days ago

he defo did for likes

lovelymrj · 6 days ago

He should have asked! I would not want to go on the internet where millions of would see me without someone
asking.

uniquestar · 6 days ago

if he took a video of himself acting kindly maybe it was just for the camera

puncho1567 · 4 days ago

Well there are lots of acts of kindness videos on the internet but with old people they just think their being nice but actually its not really funny for the person who was filmed.

stingray1 · 3 days ago

A random act of kindness is spoilt by someone recording it to share on social media. A true act of kindness should be a private thing that is between the giver and receiver. It's especially bad in this case because he didn't seek her permission to post the video.