Is one hour of gaming per day a fair limit?

8th September 2021

THE Chinese government has disappointed millions of kids, by setting strict limits on how long children can play online games for.

The new rules mean that games can only be played for one hour a day from Friday to Sunday, as well as on any public holidays. The government will inspect gaming firms more often, to make sure that they are sticking to the rules, which have been brought in due to worries about the effects on kids of excessive gaming.

Many gamers in China seemed shocked at how harsh the new time limits are, but what do you think? Is it good to set strict limits, or are they a bit too much?

Is one hour of gaming per day a fair limit?

mwhitty · 1 week ago

I saw a kid that basically lost his mind of gaming time!

18bunnymay · 1 week ago

I think it's a bit harsh but one hour a day sounds good

gurlgmzhi7 · 6 days ago

Well, (I'm a Chinese person) I think it's unfair because I think it's should be at least 2-3 hours because I just feel like the 1 hour time limit is too short and you can only play on Friday-Sunday and on any public holidays which is way too harsh for the children. I know playing video/online games for too long is bad for you but I would recommend to the children in China who want to play video/online games to limit their playing time to at least 2-3 hours a day and to take some breaks in between them!!!¡!!. So that way, they should be satisfied with their gaming time hopefully!!¡!!!! :) :D

gurlgmzhi7 · 6 days ago

HiIiiiiIHiiii and that took a long time to write because well, lol I took time to think about it carefully!.

gurlgmzhi7 · 6 days ago

I should actually for real be a therapist 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣 because feel like I'm really good at giving suggestions, tips, and useful advice!!

gurlgmzhi7 · 6 days ago

Like legit legitimate legitimately nostalgia nostalgic nostalgic notalgia

gurlgmzhi7 · 6 days ago

*Nostalgia*

scarlet10 · 5 days ago

it depends sometimes that's the way I spend time with my family

marthajja · 5 days ago

First to comment

marthajja · 5 days ago

It is not fair as some things are educational

tizzy123 · 5 days ago

I don’t think it is fair because if your FaceTiming a relative that lives far away from you or a friend that has corona virus then you or they will get lonely BUT things like super smash bro’s or Pokémon you should have an hour so yes on video games but no on FaceTime and messages.

tizzy123 · 5 days ago

#first comment! 🤩

dragonnerd · 5 days ago

I think that it is a good idea because more than hour is an awful lot of time to be just staring at a screen especialy if it isn't a very mentally challenging game. although, on the other hand, video games can be a good way to play with a freind that you do not see often and to find people with the same kind of interests as you.

phoebeh · 5 days ago

YAY ACTUALLY FIRST TO COMMENT!

I think it's fair because I never thought gaming was good for anyone. There should be limits as the average time gamers play video games is 6 HOURS!!!

Therefore I think it's good to put restrictions on time for video games and focus on what people should be doing.
If you have extra time left after work, it's fine to play for a bit.

But I almost never say "I have nothing to do" because there's too much to be done!

mystery195 · 5 days ago

I think this is a bad idea. Having only an hour of gaming would be better for your brain but that it is too little. The government of China probably have reasons but I think at least one hour of screen per day would be enough. It wouldn't be excessive! But three hours per week, in my opinion, is too few.

fishy_zk · 4 days ago

I think its fair because you shouldn't be playing too much, as it has an effect on your eyes, although maybe it would be better if they could pick whatever time they wanted.

mothstar · 4 days ago

being on screens to much damages your eyes

oceangirl3 · 4 days ago

Some people do gaming as a hobby so I think to cut down on that would be really unfair.

toodles · 3 days ago

Children need to learn to manage their own time. If it is always managed for them, they will never learn.

lolokaro · 2 days ago

Well I think that it’s a bit harsh because really it should be up to them and their parents to make that decision as some people may not be affected too much by video games and their parents know them more. Also some people wish to grow up to be popular gamers and film themselves gaming and these restrictions may affect them in a way that they will no longer be able to do this