Do you like to read your horoscopes?

22nd July 2020

SHOULD horoscopes be ditched from newspapers?

That was the question posed in a recent opinion poll in the magazine Press Gazette.

Some 50% of the respondents said that they didn’t believe in horoscopes but that they should stay in newspapers because they’re harmless. Another 45% thought they should be scrapped because “they’re fake news”, while only 5% admitted “yes, I believe in them”.

Many newspapers and magazines print horoscopes that claim to give advice and predictions, according to the movements of planets. Astrology, the belief system behind horoscopes, is based around zodiac signs, also known as your star sign – the constellation the sun appeared in when you were born.

For example, those born between 20 April and 20 May have the Taurus star sign. For many people, the daily horoscopes are just a bit of fun, but others think it’s nonsense.

Do you like to read your horoscopes?

omangion · 3 weeks ago

It would be very interesting to read about all the different planets in a newspaper!

superpug27 · 3 weeks ago

Although I don’t like to read them a lot, I do read them sometimes for fun but I don’t believe them. Other people also like to read it seriously or like me; for fun. Don’t get rid of them just because they might be absurd but that’s opinion, not fact. Lots of people like to read them and I see no reason to get rid of them

tennis22 · 3 weeks ago

I can never find horoscopes in newspapers! They aren’t harmful in any way and not many people take them seriously. I usually read horoscopes for fun. Never believed one.

cupcakesxo · 3 weeks ago

Never have read one but I still believe it should stay in magazines
📖

opalstar · 2 weeks ago

I've never actually heard of one! Someone tell me how it works, by saying: this is a tip for OpalStar

arya · 2 weeks ago

I agree with all of you, I find them interesting (mainly to see what nonsense people come up with! 😅) but I don't believe in them. I also agree with superpug, as there is no reason to get rid of them, and this could also upset people that do believe in them, so I think that they should keep horoscopes in magasines.

arya · 2 weeks ago

This is a tip for OpalStar:
A horoscope is something that tells you what might happen to you soon (a fortune) based on what your star sign is. They change every so often so people sometimes like to check them out (Most people believe they're just nonsense though, but some people do believe in them... 😊) Hope this helped! :)

arya · 2 weeks ago

Also I just realised I spelt magazines wrong. (How did I manage that?🤣)

puzzlepeas · 1 week ago