Are you eating less meat than you were a year ago?

18th August 2021

COMPASSION in World Farming (CIWF) have written to the Government, urging it to take action to reduce the levels of meat and dairy being eaten.

The animal welfare organisation, along with many others, says reducing meat and dairy will help to tackle the climate crisis.
It comes after the United Nations released its latest climate change report, warning that it was β€œcode red for humanity”.

While the latest report didn’t specifically mention meat and dairy, the UN’s Climate Change and Land report from 2019 did point out that eating less meat would benefit the climate, as well as human health.

CIWF says that, as the UK is hosting the COP26 climate conference in November, the country has a unique opportunity to become a world leader in stopping the climate crisis.

Are you eating less meat than you were a year ago?

scarlet10 · 1 month ago

my dads really persuaded us to eat less meat

milkpuddin · 1 month ago

first to comment

milkpuddin · 1 month ago

I definitely am

marthajja · 1 month ago

I have been a vegetarian for about 3 years. So yea

humbugs · 1 month ago

First to comment!πŸ₯‡

humbugs · 1 month ago

I have been eating less meat and more fruit πŸπŸŽπŸπŸŠπŸ‹πŸ‰πŸ‡πŸ“πŸˆπŸ’πŸ‘πŸπŸ₯

humbugs · 1 month ago

Not too much meat any way πŸ₯“πŸ—πŸ–πŸŒ­πŸ”

politics21 · 1 month ago

I have been eating a very similar amount (having meat 4 or 5 times a week in meals). I like meat and wouldn't want to get rid of it although we should be mindful of how much we are consuming

123emperor · 1 month ago

I’ve been eating the same amount of meat as last year because it’s good to keep a balanced diet and have the same portion of different foods per day.

youssiano7 · 1 month ago

I am eating roughly the same amount of meat as last year, but am doing other things to help the environment.

ea-134328 · 1 month ago

I have been reducing meat and eating more veg and fruits πŸ† πŸ₯” πŸ₯• 🌽 πŸ«‘ πŸ₯’ πŸ₯¬πŸ₯¦πŸ§„πŸ§…πŸ„
πŸ‡ 🍈 πŸ‰πŸŠ πŸ‹ 🍌 🍍 πŸ₯­ 🍎 🍏 🍐

katkid10 · 1 month ago

I told my dad - because he is the one who cooks in our house - about the Quorn Nuggets. He's also been cutting down on red meat, so we are eating less.

redindian9 · 1 month ago

I'm probably eating slightly more meat. I've been home more (obviously) so I've been eating snacks more, and one of my favorite snacks is ham. Yum.

phoebeh · 1 month ago

We have been eating about the same as last year, the coronavirus didn't really have an effect on our meat diet.

backbender · 4 weeks ago

I am eating roughly the same amount of meat as I was a year ago. I think that eating less meat won’t really do much difference to pollution and climate change.

charlieee7 · 4 weeks ago

No, I've not been eating less because I was already vegetarian, but I have become vegan since October because I think protecting both animals and our environment is vital.

puddingfan · 4 weeks ago

Me and my family are starting to try out new, yummy and vegetarian meals to help make ourselves and the world healthier.

gurlgmzhi7 · 4 weeks ago

No actually I'm just eating the same amount of meat πŸ–πŸ˜… lol and hiiiii

puzzlepeas · 4 weeks ago

about the same

jedorjok21 · 4 weeks ago

I had not realized eating meat had such a big impact on the planet so now I am trying to only eat chicken or if I do eat meat, then only very high quality locally sourced cuts that are not from the supermarket.

brizoceto · 3 weeks ago

we don't eat much meat at home but i have also tried to eat less meat at school and one day i want to be vegeterian

tiger.star · 3 weeks ago

We have never really eaten a lot of meat. My mum, sister and I have all been vegetarian over the years at some point which throughout our experiences helps us eat less meat.

tiger.star · 3 weeks ago

Me and my mum don't cope very well being completely vegetarian though; we lack to much energy. I generally think everyone should eat a ballenced diet, not to much of this and not to much of that.

🍁🌸🌻

mwhitty · 3 weeks ago

We’ve been eating a lot more veg than meat during the holidays and it β€˜s also bad fore the environment as well

tizzy123 · 2 weeks ago

Yes I have started eating protein like chickpeas and avocados but not much meat!

eadie123 · 1 week ago

Im a Vegaterian sooooooooooo😁

codonnell · 4 days ago

I've never really eaten much meat but I haven't eaten as much as I did last year but that's not because of anything to do with climate change, I just haven't eaten it as much, so my advice isn't really helpful