WIN an hour-long session with two famous footballers with Starling Bank
24th June 2022
Did you know Starling is the only British bank in history founded by a woman? It’s true! The boss of Starling, Anne Boden, had a great idea about a new bank, so she built one, despite lots of people telling her it would be too difficult!
It’s an amazing story of what you can achieve by believing in yourself, working hard and creating something brilliant. Through our business, we want to help other women and girls succeed too – in whatever they choose to do. You have probably seen men’s football (it’s always on TV!) but did you know that women and girls also play football? It’s not a secret, but there’s just not as many professional women football players out there. We want to change that! That’s why we’re a national sponsor of the UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 this July (that means we’re helping the event happen). We believe it’s the perfect time to celebrate women’s football!
If you’ve always wanted to meet a football hero, now you can! Two First News readers have the chance to win an hour-long session with Rachel Yankey or Lauren Hemp for their football team or school class.
Whether you want to learn some new tricks, hear some inside tips or just have a kickabout, you can enter our competition by answering this question:
Terms and Conditions: The competition is open to children under 17 years-old. A parent/guardian is required to approve the registration, but the child must enter. The closing date for entries is 8 July. Meet and greet available for players Lauren Hemp or Rachel Yankey to take place in September or October 2022. Where possible, we’ll try and arrange a face-to-face meet and greet – if this is not possible, a virtual session will be organised instead.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
Section 1: Eligibility and How to enter the Competition
1. This Competition is open to everyone who is (“Participants”):
a. is aged 17 years or under;
b. is not an employee, agent or representative of Starling Bank Limited (“Third Party Promoter”), or any third party directly associated with the administration of this Competition, or family members of the foregoing persons.
2. To enter the Competition, Participants must correctly answer the following question: What is the name of the Women’s football tournament happening this July 2022?
– UEFA Women’s EURO 2022
– StarlingSuperWoman football League 2025
– The FirstNews Women’s World Cup Extravaganza 2023
3. The competition will run from 24 June 2022 (the “Opening Date”) to 23:59 BST on 08 July 2022 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive.
Section 2: The Prize
4. Two winners will be selected at random by First Group Enterprises Limited from the correct entries received.
5. The winners will receive the opportunity to attend a one hour session with either Rachel Yankey or Lauren Hemp for their football team or school class (“Prize”).
6. This Prize may be held either in person or virtually, to be decided at the sole discretion of the Third Party Promoter.
7. The date of the Prize will be determined by the Third Party Promoter in conjunction with the winner’s football team or school class and may be liable to change at any time.
Section 3: General Information
8. We reserve the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
9. Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate participants in this Competition or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by our negligence, our agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
10. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
11. We will process your personal data in line with all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in the UK, including the UK GDPR (as defined by the meaning given to it in section 3(10) (as supplemented by section 205(4)) of the Data Protection Act 2018); the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) (and regulations made thereunder) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/2426) as amended and the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner or other relevant regulatory authority and applicable. Personal data supplied during the course of the Competition may be passed on to certain third party
suppliers only insofar as required for the fulfilment, delivery and/or arrangement of the Prize.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to resolve or settle any disputes arising out of or in connection with
these terms and conditions.